
I'm not a genius, but then it doesn't take a genius to look around and see that Americans are dumb and getting dumber. I used to listen to a talk show host here in Boston. He was a genius and he would always say "There are dumb people out there, you know them and I know them, we see and hear them every day".
I would always laugh at that statement, I always held that as long as the dumb people don't interfere with my life, let them be. Now, I am not so sure letting them be is the right thing to do and I'm quite sure that they are interfering with my life.
I'm not an elitist. The dumb people I see and hear every day are from all walks of life. College grads, high school grads, dropouts, CEO's, Presidents, criminals, priests, talk show hosts, janitors, waitresses, and on and on. Nor is being dumb an ethnic issue, I'm white but I see a rainbow coalition of dumb people out there.
I'vealways wanted to point out to these people just how dumb they are, but often they are on a radio talk show or talking to a reporter on TV or standing in line at the grocery check out so talking to them is not an option.
Being unable to talk to these dumb people has been an increasing source of frustration to me and so, I am going to use this space to talk to them. I find that talking to these people is often like talking to yourself, so this would seem to be the perfect venue.
There will be those of you out there who will recognize yourselves in these pages. I feel for you, I really do. Most of those who recognize themselves here will think I'm the dumb one. I might be, but just try to convince me.
I see dumb people say and do dumb things every day. I'm going to pick the daily dumbest and vent here on a frequent basis. I'm sure that you dumb Americans will never stop giving me food for my thoughts.
You won't see any of these observations on the news and I know none of you read newspapers so you won't even know if I found today's dummy there. This isn't a remake of Oberman's worst people in the world shtick either. It's just my way of getting the dumb stuff I see and hear off of my chest.
And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your dumbness has done to me, ask what I have done with your dumbness.
I would always laugh at that statement, I always held that as long as the dumb people don't interfere with my life, let them be. Now, I am not so sure letting them be is the right thing to do and I'm quite sure that they are interfering with my life.
I'm not an elitist. The dumb people I see and hear every day are from all walks of life. College grads, high school grads, dropouts, CEO's, Presidents, criminals, priests, talk show hosts, janitors, waitresses, and on and on. Nor is being dumb an ethnic issue, I'm white but I see a rainbow coalition of dumb people out there.
I'vealways wanted to point out to these people just how dumb they are, but often they are on a radio talk show or talking to a reporter on TV or standing in line at the grocery check out so talking to them is not an option.
Being unable to talk to these dumb people has been an increasing source of frustration to me and so, I am going to use this space to talk to them. I find that talking to these people is often like talking to yourself, so this would seem to be the perfect venue.
There will be those of you out there who will recognize yourselves in these pages. I feel for you, I really do. Most of those who recognize themselves here will think I'm the dumb one. I might be, but just try to convince me.
I see dumb people say and do dumb things every day. I'm going to pick the daily dumbest and vent here on a frequent basis. I'm sure that you dumb Americans will never stop giving me food for my thoughts.
You won't see any of these observations on the news and I know none of you read newspapers so you won't even know if I found today's dummy there. This isn't a remake of Oberman's worst people in the world shtick either. It's just my way of getting the dumb stuff I see and hear off of my chest.
And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your dumbness has done to me, ask what I have done with your dumbness.
No comments:
Post a Comment